Tax Help is a service run by the Australian Taxation Office in many community centres and is staffed entirely by trained volunteers.
If you earned around $60,000 or less in the 2021/22 tax year and meet some other criteria, you will be able to book a session. Check your eligibility before contacting the library.
Sessions begin at Spearwood on Wed 26 July and Sat 29 July and Coolbellup on Mon 17 July and Sat 22 July.
Sessions will continue twice a week until the end of October. Please note: couples will need to book individual 1 hour appointments.
Contact us to make an appointment.
- Saturdays 9.30am-4pm (last appt is 3pm)
- Wednesdays 12.30-4.30pm (last appt is 3.30pm)
- 1 hourly appointments
- Mondays 12.30-2.30
- Saturdays 9.30-midday
THINGS TO BRING WITH YOU WHEN YOU COME TO YOUR TAX HELP APPOINTMENT:
- your myGov user ID and password
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years (the assessment needs to have been issued before 31 May this year)
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses).
- If you had a spouse (married or de-facto) at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income or a reasonable estimate
- N.B. couples will need to book individual 1 hourly appointments