National Simultaneous Storytime 2019 Wrap-Up
This year’s National Simultaneous Storytime featured the book Alpacas with Maracas by Matt Cosgrove.
National Simultaneous Storytime is an annual campaign that aims to encourage more young Australians to read and enjoy books. Now in its 19th successful year, it is a colourful, vibrant, fun event that aims to promote the value of reading and literacy, using an Australian children’s book that explores age-appropriate themes, and addresses key learning areas of the National Curriculum for Grades 1 to 6 and the pre-school Early Learning Years Framework.
National Simultaneous Storytime is held annually by the Australian Library and Information Association. Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places around the country.
By facilitating National Simultaneous Storytime, we aim to:
· promote the value of reading and literacy;
· promote the value and fun of books;
· promote an Australian writer and publisher;
· promote storytime activities in public libraries and communities around the country;
· provide opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, the media and others to participate in and enjoy the occasion.
At Cockburn Libraries we were lucky enough to have Mayor Logan K. Howlett visit Coolbellup Library and read the book on Wednesday 22 May 2019. You can view the video and have a look at the photos below.
Latest News for Kids
Keep up to date with the latest School Holiday Info, Storytime & Pram Jams News, Reviews and more!