City of Cockburn Sustainable Living Events
Check out the July to December events for 2018. Jam-packed full of ideas and skills for sustainable living – come along and be inspired!
Library events are free to attend, see list below.
NATURAL PEST CONTROL – Saturday 4 August 2018
9.30-Midday | FREE | Spearwood Library | Bookings essential
Learn about Integrated Pest Management, which aims to prevent infestation in the first place.
- Why you get pests & how to identify them
- Monoculture vs polyculture
- Garden design & crop rotation
- Building plant resilience
- Three methods of control – physical, biological & spraying
- Companion planting has its place (& its huge!)
- Accepting that there will always be insect pests.
SOLAR POWER WORKSHOP – Saturday 25 August 2018
1-3.30pm | FREE | Success Library | Bookings essential
Considering installing solar PV or upgrading your system? Then join Travis Hargreaves from the Alternative Technology Association who will share expert tips on everything solar.
- The battery storage market – the latest systems, pros and cons of ‘storage in a box’
- Decide which solar panels are best for you – warranties, cell types, size and price.
Includes plenty of time for questions.
Latest Events for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Events. Be notified first so you don't miss out on a spot!