2020 Tax Help Program
Tax Help is a service run by the Australian Taxation Office in many community centres and is staffed entirely by trained volunteers.
If you earned around $60,000 or less in the 2019/20 tax year and meet some other criteria, you will be able to book a session. Check your eligibility before contacting the library.
See session times below:
Wednesday sessions at Spearwood have been extended until 25 November 2020
- Wednesdays 12.30 – 3.30pm – last session 25 November 2020.
To make an appointment, call Spearwood Library on 9411 3800.
Things to bring with you when you come to your Tax Help appointment:
- your myGov user ID and password
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years (the assessment needs to have been issued before 31 May this year)
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses).
- If you had a spouse (married or de-facto) at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income or a reasonable estimate.
[Post updated on 30 June 2020]
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!