2017 Tax Help Program
Tax help sessions are being arranged for 2017 at Spearwood Library, Coolbellup Library and Success Library. Tax Help is a service run by the Australian Taxation Office in many community centres and is staffed entirely by trained volunteers.
If you earned around $60,000 in the 2016/17 tax year and meet some other criteria, you will be able to book into a session. To check if you are eligible for the Tax Help program, visit the ATO Tax Help program page.
Sessions last one hour and are available at all three of the Cockburn Libraries branches as follows:
- Coolbellup Library: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, beginning 27 July 2017. To make a booking, contact Coolbellup on 9411 3830.
- Spearwood Library: Tuesday afternoons, beginning 27 July. To make a booking, contact Spearwood on 9411 3800.
- Success Library: Saturday mornings, beginning 29 July. To make a booking, contact Success on 9411 3840
Things to bring with you when you come to your Tax Help appointment:
- your myGov user ID and password
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years (the assessment needs to have been issued before 31 May this year)
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses).
- If you had a spouse (married or de-facto) at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income or a reasonable estimate.
[Post updated on 19 July 2017]
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!