2018 Tax Help Program
Tax help sessions are being arranged for 2018 at Spearwood Library, Coolbellup Library and Success Library. Tax Help is a service run by the Australian Taxation Office in many community centres and is staffed entirely by trained volunteers.
If you earned around $60,000 or less in the 2017/18 tax year and meet some other criteria, you will be able to book a session. Check your eligibility before contacting the library.
Sessions are available at all three of the Cockburn Libraries branches as follows:
- Coolbellup Library: Thursdays (4pm or 4.30pm) and Saturdays (9am, 9.30am, 10am, or 10.30am), beginning 19 July 2018. To make a booking contact Coolbellup on 9411 3830.
- Spearwood Library: Tuesdays 11am – 2pm and Saturdays 9am – 3pm, beginning 21 July 2018. To make a booking, contact Spearwood on 9411 3800.
- Success Library: Friday mornings, 9am – 2pm, beginning 27 July 2018. To make a booking, contact Success on 9411 3840.
Things to bring with you when you come to your Tax Help appointment:
- your myGov user ID and password
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years (the assessment needs to have been issued before 31 May this year)
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses).
- If you had a spouse (married or de-facto) at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income or a reasonable estimate.
[Post updated on 12 July 2018]
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!