2019 Tax Help Program
Tax help sessions are being arranged for 2019 at Spearwood Library, Coolbellup Library and Success Library. Tax Help is a service run by the Australian Taxation Office in many community centres and is staffed entirely by trained volunteers.
If you earned around $60,000 or less in the 2018/19 tax year and meet some other criteria, you will be able to book a session. Check your eligibility before contacting the library.
Sessions are available at all three of the Cockburn Libraries branches as follows:
- Coolbellup Library: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4 – 5 pm and Saturdays 9.30 am – 12 pm. To make a booking, contact Coolbellup on 9411 3830.
- Spearwood Library: Wednesdays 12.30-3.30, Fridays 9 – 11 am and Saturdays 9 am – 3 pm. To make a booking, contact Spearwood on 9411 3800.
- Success Library: Tuesdays 11.30 am – 1.30 pm, Fridays 9 – 11 am and Saturdays 10 am – 1 pm. To make a booking, contact Success on 9411 3840.
Things to bring with you when you come to your Tax Help appointment:
- your myGov user ID and password
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years (the assessment needs to have been issued before 31 May this year)
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses).
- If you had a spouse (married or de-facto) at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income or a reasonable estimate.
[Post updated on 20 July 2019]
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!