“In true reconciliation, through the remembering, the grieving and the healing we can come to terms with our conscience and become as one in the dreaming of this land.”
Evelyn Scott, Chairperson, Council for Aboriginal Reconciliation, 27 May 2000.
To celebrate National Reconciliation Week (27 May – 3 June) and deepen your understanding of our shared histories and cultures take part in the following ativities:
- Watch the short documentary The Apology (above) to better understand why this moment was so important to many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Understand more about our shared histories and cultures by visiting the Share Our Pride website.
- Find out more about the history of reconciliation and healing in Australia.
- Watch or Read the moving Rabbit Proof Fence
- Listen to Archie Roach’s iconic song They Took the Children Away, or the amazing reinterpretation by Gurrumul and Briggs The Children Came Back.
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!