The Prime Minister’s Literary Awards celebrate outstanding literary talent in Australia and the valuable contribution Australian literature and history makes to the nation’s cultural and intellectual life.
And the winners are…
2017 winners were announced today at Parliament House. Winners across six categories were selected from a strong shortlist of 30 literary and historical works, representing a diverse mix of Australian authors and illustrators.
- Their Brilliant Careers / Ryan O’Neill
- Atomic Thunder: The Maralinga Story / Elizabeth Tynan
- Words in Deep Blue / Cath Crowley
Children’s – joint winners
- Headwaters / Anthony Lawrence
- Quicksilver / Nicolas Rothwell
For more information about the winners, author biographies, book summaries, judges’ comments and posters of the 2017 shortlisted books visit the PM Literary Awards website.