Your chance to win a $100 book voucher in our grammar competition.
The Grammar blog is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated. The winner has been contacted via email.
Yes, working at a library, we tend to love grammar and spelling, but even at the best of times we get stumped with a few tricky words and sentences!
We decided to bring a few curly ones to our blog readers.
If you can get all six of the sentences below correct, you will go in the draw to win a $100 Dymocks Garden City gift voucher! Entries close April 15 at 11.59pm. Terms and Conditions apply and are below.
You have rocks in youre head!
“Lets eat grandma,” Michael said.
There were more blue m&m’s then red ones in the packet.
Would you like to come with Dad and I? We’re going to the shops.
My whole diets the stuff you wont eat.
It isn’t fare to judge other people buy there grammar.
Send your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or enter at one of our three branches.
Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is City of Cockburn. PO BOX 1215 Bibra Lake DC WA 6964.
- This competition is based on contestants correcting purposely written, incorrect grammar.
- To enter, entrants must email grammatically corrected sentences and send to the nominated email or collect the document at the front counter of one the three libraries in the City of Cockburn and return it when completed. There is one correct answer for each sentence that has been pre-determined and is not negotiable.
- Entry is open to all residents of the City of Cockburn, however, employees or elected members of the City of Cockburn and their immediate family are not permitted to enter.
- This promotion commences on March 23 and closes at 11.59pm on April 15 2016.
- The prize is one off, for the winner only, with no prizes for 2nd, 3rd or 4th, etc. The total prize pool is $100.00.
- The winner will be chosen at random from the pool of correct answers by the Digital Services Librarian at the City of Cockburn Libraries at Success Public Library on April 19 2016.
- The winner will be notified by return email to their original email address and by phone, where possible.
- The winner will pick up their $100.00 gift voucher from Success Public Library within 21 days of email notification. If this does not occur, the competition will be redrawn.
- The winner’s name will be used in promotional material by the City of Cockburn on their website and or social media sites. Winners must be willing to have their photo taken for promotional and recording purposes.
- This prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the corresponding prize winners.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this promotion.
- If, in the judges’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the competition, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the competition, the judge reserves the right to terminate the competition and conduct a random drawing to award prizes using all entries received as of the date of termination, subject to state legislation.
- The Promoter shall not be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting a prize, except liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Promoters ABN: 27 471 341 209.
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!