WA’s transitional restrictions have ended
As of 14 February, transitional restrictions have ended and we are back to pre-lockdown conditions.
Please remember to:
- Register your visit using the SafeWA app or by providing your name and contact number at the front desk when visiting the library, this is mandatory.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5m at all times.
Hand sanitizer still provided at library entrance and near the self-checkout kiosks for you to use.
COVID-19 vaccines information now available in multiple languages
We would like to share a series of multimedia resources from the Department of Health about COVID-19 vaccines.
These resources are available in, or in the process of being translated into, 63 languages.
Please click on each resource to view the currently available languages. The English version is at the bottom of each page.
|Video – COVID-19 vaccines||Animation that provides information on COVID-19 vaccines|
|Radio (MP3 audios and transcripts) – COVID-19 vaccine roadmap||Radio ad that provides information about Australia’s COVID‑19 vaccine national roll-out strategy|
|Poster – Stay informed about COVID-19 vaccines||Poster that explains the importance of staying up-to-date about COVID-19 vaccines and where to go for reliable information|
|Editorial – TGA to give Australians confidence to get the COVID-19 jab||Editorial that explains the Therapeutic Goods Administration process for assessing and approving COVID-19 vaccines and ensuring COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective for the public|
|More information and resources will be added when available, so be sure to subscribe for regular updates at the bottom of the information page or here.|
You are able to view COVID-19 vaccine information in your language on a dedicated page.
Go to COVID-19 vaccine information in your language and select your language.
All libraries are open again, but with limited numbers allowed in meeting areas. It is also still mandatory to register your visit and wear a mask.
Perth, Peel and South West region enters lockdown from 6pm, 31 January 2021
Effective from 6pm Sunday, 31 January until 6pm Friday, 5 February 2021, the Perth metropolitan area, Peel and South West regions will enter a lockdown.
During this period, all Cockburn Libraries will be closed and the following measures will be in place:
- All library items that are in a member’s possession need to be retained please do not return items to the library premises.
- The due date on all Items on a member’s card and reservation pick-up dates will be automatically extended.
- The libraries will be closed, if you have an inquiry that is urgent, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.
You now need to register your details when entering Cockburn Libraries
Update 5 December 2020 – Mandatory Contact Registers
The WA Government has announced contact registers will be mandatory for specified businesses and venues from Saturday, 5 December to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing if needed.
When visiting our libraries you will need to sign-in with your name and contact details. The easiest way to do this is to use the SafeWA app, which allows you to scan a QR code to register your details quickly and hygienically.
Updated 7 August 2020
Activities and programs are on. All children’s activities require bookings.
Please continue to observe 1.5m physical distancing
Continued eased Phase 4 restrictions:
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5m at all times
- Hand sanitizer still provided at library entrance and near the self-checkout kiosks for you to use
Events, programs and activities are back!
Events and programs for adults:
All regular, ongoing programs for adults are back at Cockburn Libraries. View all our regular programs. We are also once again hosting special events and workshops. See our events listing for upcoming events.
Events and programs children:
Booking now required for all children’s activities! Regular programs, including storytimes and pram jams are back, but you must book to attend as spots are limited due to continuing Phase 4 restrictions.
E-resources always available. Keep using our e-resources
Originally posted; 23 March 2020.
- 15 February 2021 – WA leaves transitional restrictions and back to pre-lockdown conditions.
- 6-14 February 2021 – Libraries have re-opened under WA’s transitional restrictions.
- 1-5 February 2021 – Libraries were closed as part of Covid-19 Western Australian lock-down and closure of libraries and other venues.
- 24 March to 17 May 2020 – Libraries were closed as part of Covid-19 national shutdown of libraries and other venues.
- 18 May 2020 – Libraries Re-opened under WA’s Phase 2 restrictions.
- 6 June 2020 – Phase 3 of eased restrictions.
- 27 June 2020 – Phase 4 further easing of restrictions.
- 5 December 2020 – Mandatory registration of visitors to libraries and other venues begins.
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Latest News for Kids
Keep up to date with the latest School Holiday Info, Storytime & Pram Jams News, Reviews and more!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Latest News for Young Adults
Keep up to date with the latest School Holiday Info, Reviews and more!