I Quit Sugar tops the list of 30 Most Borrowed Non-fiction Books of 2015 from Cockburn Libraries.
Sarah Wilson‘s anti sugar crusade is obviously striking a chord with Cockburn residents as two of her books appear in the Top 10, with I Quit Sugar being the most borrowed non-fiction book of 2015. Speaking of crusades, paleo crusader, and the non-French My Kitchen Rules host, Pete Evans, scores second position with his paleo recipe book for families, Family Food, pipping the previous #1, Jamie Oliver’s 15 minute meals.
Also very popular in 2015 was Les Everett’s Fremantle Dockers : an illustrated history, demonstrating that there is plenty of time for reading in between watching Dockers games, while the popularity of the Thermomix continues unabated with Alyce Alexandra’s Quick Fix in the Thermomix appearing at #5 in this years list, up from ninth spot in 2014.
In the more sit down and read cover to cover stakes, five autobiographies/memoirs appear in the Top 30: Anh Do, Malala Yousafzai, Elizabeth Gilbert, Lena Dunham, and Anne Frank.
Check out the complete list of the 30 most popular non-fiction books of 2015 below and let me know if borrowed any of these books from the library last year, and what you thought of them. And if you borrowed Jamie’s 15 minute meals, please let me know if you actually manged to finish cooking any of the meals in under 15 minutes.
30 Most Borrowed Non-fiction Books of 2015
- I quit sugar : your complete 8-week detox program and cookbook / Sarah Wilson
- Family food : 130 delicious paleo recipes for every day / Pete Evans
- Jamie’s 15 minute meals / Jamie Oliver
- Fremantle Dockers : an illustrated history / Les Everett
- Quick Fix in the Thermomix : Recipes by Alyce Alexandra / Alyce Alexandra
- I quit sugar for life : your fad-free wholefood wellness code and cookbook / Sarah Wilson
- Jamie’s 30-minute meals / Jamie Oliver
- The happiest refugee : the extraordinary true story of a boy’s journey from starvation at sea to becoming one of Australia’s best-loved comedians / Anh Do
- Official IELTS practice materials
- IELTS success formula academic : the complete practical guide to a top IELTS score / Stephen Slater
- Sweet poison : why sugar makes us fat / David Gillespie
- 1-minute gardener / Mat Pember
- I am Malala : the girl who stood up for education and was shot by the Taliban / Malala Yousafzai
- The Little Veggie Patch Co. : how to grow food in small spaces / Fabian Capomolla
- The secret / Rhonda Byrne
- Write a winning job application : a guide to responding to selection criteria / Lloyd White
- Amsterdam (Lonely Planet Guide) / Karla Zimmerman
- Paris (Lonely Planet Guide) / Catherine Le Nevez
- The sweet poison quit plan : how to kick the sugar habit and lose weight / David Gillespie
- Tax for Australians for dummies / Jimmy B. Prince
- The diary of a young girl / Anne Frank
- Against all grain : delectable paleo recipes to eat well & feel great : more than 150 gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free recipes for daily life / Danielle Walker
- Eat, pray, love : one woman’s search for everything / Elizabeth Gilbert
- Keeping it simple : recipes for a Thermomix / Tenina Holder
- Save with Jamie / Jamie Oliver
- France’s best trips : 39 amazing road trips /
- Guinness world records
- Not that kind of girl : a young woman tells you what she’s “learned” / Lena Dunham
- 1001 home remedies & natural cures : from your kitchen and garden / Esme Floyd
- Italy (Lonely Planet guide)
Like some fiction to go with your facts? Also check the 100 Most Borrowed Fiction Books of 2015
Want even more lists? Check out all the other 2015 Most Borrowed lists:
- 100 Most Popular Fiction Books of 2015
- 50 Most Popular YA Books of 2015
- 101 Most Popular Children’s Fiction Books of 2015
- 100 Most Popular Picture Books of 2015
- 100 Most Popular DVDs of 2015
[Updated 4 & 5 Feb 2016 – Links to other ‘Most Borrowed’ lists added]
Latest News for Adults
Keep up to date with the latest Reviews, Local History Info, Event Videos & Podcasts and more!