Top 10 Bestsellers for 2010
Beyond Swedish crime novels, Stephanie Myer gave the Twilight fans something to read before they trekked off to see the movie version of Eclipse. Also at the movies was Eat, Pray, Love , which gave a boost to sales of the book which was originally published in 2006. The fifth book the the popular kids’ series, Diary of Wimpy Kid, came in at number eight, while the first book of the series no doubt took a sales spike due to the release of the Diary of Wimpy Kid movie. The rest of the top ten consisted of popular chick-lit author Jodi Picoult’s latest, and Julie Goodwin’s cookbook, published as part of her prize for winning the first series of Masterchef.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo / Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Played With Fire / Stieg Larsson
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner /Stephenie Meyer
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest (Maclehose Press published ed.) / Stieg Larsson
- Eat, Pray, Love / Elizabeth Gilbert
- Our Family Table / Julie Goodwin
- House Rules / Jodi Picoult
- The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5) / Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (#1) / Jeff Kinney
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest (Quercus published ed.) / Stieg Larsson
Source: This list was published in The West Australian earlier this week (based on data from Nielsen Bookscan).