Children’s Book Week 2016 Book Cover Competition.
Competition runs until Friday 26 August 2016.
Design your own original book cover for one of the CBCA Children’s Book of the Year 2016 shortlisted books.
As part of our Children’s Book Week 2016 this year Cockburn Libraries are holding a book cover competition.
You can collect your entry form from Coolbellup Library, Spearwood Library or Success Library, or simply download the two-part form below.
- Download Page 1 – Cover Design Sheet [ – 325kb] and
- Download Page 2 – Terms & Conditions Acceptance Form. [ – 400kb]
Choose the book and corresponding age group based on these three Children’s Book Council of Australia Shortlist Categories:
Please note that entrants must choose the appropriate age category to be eligible for entry into the competition.
All the shortlisted books can be found on the Kids section of the library website, but only choose a book from one of three categories listed above. Entrants choose one book from the appropriate category and then design an original book cover on the back of the collected entry form or design a computer generated entry. Paper entry forms may be dropped in to any of the three Cockburn Libraries. Computer generated entries must be an original effort and when completed converted into a Jpeg file format and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also submit your completed cover in Jpeg file format and agree to the Terms & Conditions using the form below:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants under the age of 16 must have the permission of their parent/guardian/carer to submit an entry.
- The promoter is City of Cockburn Public Library & Information Service PO BOX 1215 Bibra Lake DC WA 6964
- Entrants must design a book cover based on the Children’s Book Council of Australia Shortlist 2016. The Shortlisted Books can be found on the City of Cockburn Public Library & Information Service website. Search the Kids tab and click on the Children’s Shortlist of the Year 2016. There are three Shortlist categories to choose from. Book covers may be designed on the actual entry form or graphically designed on the computer. Computer generated designs must be an original effort and when completed converted into a Jpeg file format and emailed to: email@example.com
- Entry is open to all City of Cockburn Public Library & Information Service members. Winners under the age of 16 must have the permission/be accompanied by their parent/guardian/carer.
- This Promotion commences 09.00am (AWST) on Monday 18 July and closes 5:30pm on Friday 26 August.
- The prize pool consists of three $50 Dymocks gift vouchers with notable entries receiving shortlisted books. The total prize pool is valued a $200.
- To enter, entrants must complete one of the Book Cover Competition sheets filled out with the entrants full details as requested. One entry per person.
- Book Cover Competition sheets are available at City of Cockburn Public Library & Information Service Branches.
- Entries must be handed in at City of Cockburn Public Library & Information Service Branches; computer generated entries must be converted to a jpeg file and emailed to this address. The competition is structured to match the three Children’s Book Council Shortlist categories. 1. Older Readers 12- 16yrs old. 2. Junior Readers 7- 11 yrs old 3. Early Childhood 3- 6yrs old. Entrants must choose the category appropriate to their age and in line with the Shortlisted Books included in each category. E.g A five year old entrant must choose a book from the Early Childhood Shortlist Book category.
- Winner selection will be conducted by the Promoter and will be anonymous. Names will be removed from all entries so Judges cannot see who the entrants are. Judging will take place at Coolbellup Library at 1pm on the 13 of September. (The Promoter will select six prize winners. The winning entries will be judged on creativity at the promoter’s discretion.
- The winners will be notified by phone between the 6 and 13 OF SEPTEMBER. The judges’ decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into.
- If selected winners cannot be contacted, prizes will be reselected and new winners selected. These winners will be reselected on Wednesday 14 of September.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to collect their prize.
- The winners’ details will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of distributing the prizes and to promote their winning entries via the website, Facebook and any other promotional publication or online media. Winners must be willing to have their photo taken and published in any City of Cockburn publication and/or Community Newspaper or associated website.
- This prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the corresponding prize winners.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this promotion.
- If, in the judges’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the competition, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the competition, the judge reserves the right to terminate the competition and conduct a random drawing to award prizes using all entries received as of the date of termination, subject to state legislation.
- The Promoter shall not be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting a prize, except liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Any questions regarding this competition can be made by contacting the Young People’s Services Librarian at Coolbellup Library on 9411 3830.
- Promoters ABN: 27 471 341 209.